Thursday, February 12, 2009

Coming back!

Well, I hope. Annie's got her hands full with 2 kids and another on the way. Becky and I are teachers with busy lives who are beat at the end of a teaching day and Brittany is trying to get graduated. So, we've been busy. I can't promise I'll be consistent, but I feel pretty lame that I bake as much as I do and still don't share, at least not on the blog. For all that I bake, I definitely do share the finished product!
Anyway, in celebration of Valentine's Day, I made a little something. King Arthur Flour's Chocolate Linzer Cookies were really easy to make and tasty, especially the uncooked dough.
The recipe is long, so HERE is the link.
Just make sure the dough REALLY is refrigerated well, flour your surface VERY well, and if you don't have a linzer cutter, you could always do a heart shaped cookie cutter and use a smaller heart to cut out the middle. Be creative...any shape would work! Oh, and I left out the espresso powder. That's not a standard pantry item in my kitchen!

No comments: