Monday, April 16, 2007

Macadamia Nut Lemon Bars


I really love lemon bars and in my quest to find a way to use my last bit of macadamia nuts I found this recipe. I don't think I am all that great at making lemon bars, but they still taste good. I think they turned out sort of gummy. The macadamia nuts add just the right touch to the recipe and the flavor goes well with the lemon. All in all, not a bad recipe.


Macdamia Nut Lemon Bars

CRUST

1 c all purpose flour
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 c butter, melted
1/4 c chopped macadamia nuts

FILLING

1 c sugar
2 Tbl all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 Tbl lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbl chopped macadamia nuts
powdered sugar-to sprinkle on top


In a bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar, and butter; stir in nuts. Press ontp the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 8x8 inch square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min or until lighly browned.

In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake for 10-15 min or until browned. Cool completely. Cut into bars and sprkinkle with the powdered sugar.


No comments: