Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Soft Oatmeal Cookies




What do you do with leftover Easter candy? Find something to bake them in. These are by far my favorite oatmeal cookies. The dough is extremely dangerous. I could eat the whole thing. Pair it with m&m's, my favorite little chocolate candies, and you have a stomach ache waiting to happen. Today I resisted. It was not easy, but just a couple of tastes of dough and one cookie didn't completely obliterate all of the work I did at the gym at 5:30 this morning. I love this recipe because the cookies are chewy and slightly crispy on the edges. I don't put the cinnamon in when I add chocolate to them, but they are also extremely delicious plain with the cinnamon added.







Soft Oatmeal Cookies

1 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (I always splash in a little extra)
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon(if desired)
3 c oats (quick or old fashioned)
1 1/2 cups - 2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs one at a time. Whisk dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the cream mixture. Mix in oats until just combined. Add chocolate chips, etc. if desired. Cover and chill 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees*. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment. Roll into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart. Flatten each with a fork. Bake 8-10 min.



*I made big cookies so I baked them at 365 degrees for 10 min so the edges wouldn't brown too quickly.

No comments: