Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cherry Oatmeal Cookies


Another great winner of a cookie recipe. These are ultra chewy, which I LOVE! The honey adds such a great flavor. I didn't have any regular honey, but I had honey with orange oil in it. It the gave the cookies the yummiest orange flavor. I'm sure they would be great with regular honey as well, because that is what the recipe calls for. Make these cookies...they are sooo good.


Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
from marthastewart.com


1 1/4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 c softened butter
1 c light brown sugar
1/4 c honey
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3c old fashioned oats
1 c dried cherries (I'm sure rasins, craisins, dried blueberries, etc. would be great alternatives)
(I also added 3/4c white chocolate chunks because I had some leftover)

Preheat oven to 350F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bow, cream butter, honey, and brown sugar until fluffy.

Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.

Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in oats and cherries. (and any other add-ins that you choose)

Drop 1 tablespoon of dough at at time, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet. Bake 9-11 min. Cool on wire racks.

No comments: