Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Witch Fingers

I made these to go along with our pasta dinner on Sunday night. I saw Martha Stewart do something like it with pretzel dough, but I wasn't up to venturing into the unknown so I used my pizza crust recipe. They turned out fabulous and even look a little bit gruesome. The almonds make disgusting looking fungus fingernails.
I made my regular pizza crust, but cut off bits of the dough and rolled them into finger shapes. It's pretty easy to shape because what witch has beautifully shaped fingers? You can't really go wrong here. I used kitchen shears to make knuckles and stuck an almond on for the fingernail. I didn't give them a second rise after I shaped them because I wanted them to stay long and skinny. A few turned out a little chubby.
I baked them at 400F for about 14 minutes.