Monday, November 5, 2007

Pumpkin Cookies


I love making things with pumpkin. Last year I went crazy making things with pumpkin in them. This year I think I will back off a little. It's just that when you buy one of those big cans of pumpkin it can make 2 recipes of something. So I have made pumpkin cookies already and some pumpkin pie crumble bars (that I will post later). After making one recipe I then think, "What else can I make with pumpkin?" Then then cycle begins. I found this recipe to be really good. I've probably tried about 7 pumpkin cookie recipes in my lifetime because I never stick with the same one. I'm always looking for one that is better. This is the latest. I also tried to put in butterscotch chips which were okay. I'm finding that I'm not all that fond of butterscotch chips so I will never put them in again.

Pumpkin Cookies

2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
pinch nutmeg
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c pumkin puree
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 -1 c nuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whiss flour, powder, soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add the pumpkin and mix well.

Add the flour mixture to the cream mixture then stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes.

*Be careful not to overmix the dough. It will be pretty sticky and they turn out sort of like little cakes. Store in an airtight container so that they do not dry out.

No comments: