Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Banana Bread


Who doesn't love banana bread? Well, there's Olivia, but she doesn't count because she is really picky. Once again I had some rotten bananas so last night I decided to whip up my favorite banana bread recipe. This is a great tasting bread and holds together very well. Make sure the dry and wet ingredients are folded carefully in and not overmixed. I just used a rubber spatula--there's no need for a mixer in this recipe.


Banana Bread


1 c walnuts or pecans (optional-I left them out)
1 3/4 c flour
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon*
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3 large bananas (1 1/2 cups mashed)--don't skimp!
1/2 c butter (melted and cooled)
1 tsp vanilla

*I like my banana bread unspiced. I leave the cinnamon out.


Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a laof pan with nonstick spray.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.

In a separate bowl mash the bananas, add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.

Lightly fold in the wet ingredients. The batter should be chunky and thick. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 55-60 min. in a 350F oven.

No comments: