Saturday, March 22, 2008

Two Bit Wonders


I feel like I have to make all of my new cookie recipes from the King Arthur Cookie Companion because there is a seemingly endless amount of cookie recipes. This one was so easy and I have some friends that love coconut. If you love coconut MAKE THESE. Three words, SUPER SWEET CHEWY. I happen to love coconut and I am restraining myself to not eat every single one of these. It's very hard. They really are just 2 ingredients. 2 super yummy ingredients:coconut and sweetened condensed milk. The recipe suggests unsweetened coconut, but I only had sweetened on hand and it is a bit of a sugar overload however, very delicious and I'm not complaining.

I am also making my favorite rolled sugar cookies for Easter tomorrow...it's tradition.


Two Bit Wonders


5oz or 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (small can)

6-8 oz unsweetened coconut. About 2 cups(heaping cups)


*Make sure that you use enough coconut. I ended up adding more because the sweetened condensed milk was baking all flat around the edges of the cookies. It took me a couple of times to get it right. They should bake into little mounds.


Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
Mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the coconut in a medium sized bowl. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 13-14 minutes.

Cool on cookie sheet until set. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.

Makes 15 cookies.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

My husband will LOVE these! I am going to make him some and drop them by his office on Friday as an early Father's Day surprise.

Anonymous said...

These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.